LIBRARY DIRECTOR SEARCH OPENED – LITTLETON, NH – In the Heart of the White Mountains
The Board of Trustees of the Littleton NH Public Library is seeking an energetic, community minded, creative and innovative, goal oriented, self-motivated, team player to manage and co-ordinate the daily operations of the library within compliance of State and local regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Library Science and minimum of 3 years’ experience leading and managing a team preferred.
Exceptional communication skills and the ability to publicly promote the vision and needs of the library.
Proven ability to motivate, inspire, direct and support a team
Excellent organizational skills
Knowledge of and experience in grant writing and fundraising.
Dedicated to excellent customer service
Strong relationship building and community development skills
Dedication to professional development for self and staff
Knowledge of current and emerging library trends, as well as best practices for libraries
Embraces current and emerging digital technologies
Skilled at building budgets, tracking funds, identifying funding needs; resourceful and efficient use of limited funds
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- MANAGEMENT: Build a culture of trust, support, supervision and professional development for the LPL staff. Competency in developing and managing budgets and identifying alternative funding sources; possessing solid knowledge of personnel, policy and facilities management issues; demonstrating the ability to develop and implement strategic plans; exhibiting the capability to review, evaluate and streamline procedures and workflow.
LEADERSHIP: Collaborate with the Board of Trustees, the Friends of Littleton Public Library and the greater community to develop, advance and evaluate the Library’s mission, vision and strategic goals.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Build strong relationships with library users and non-users to build community and ensure the needs of the community are solicited, understood and met, to the extent possible. Cooperate and leverage resources with local government, organizations, schools and members of the community to provide rich programming opportunities and support the library.
Full-time, salaried position. $47,476.00/yr. with benefits (vacation, medical insurance, retirement program)
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
All applicants will be subject to a background check. Resumes accepted until position is filled.
Littleton Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Latest News & Updates
The library will be closed Thursday, December 1, and Friday, December 2 for carpet cleaning. The Library will reopen Saturday, at 2:00 p.m.
Videos borrowed on Wednesday, November 30 will be due back on Tuesday, December 6.
Check Children’s page for December Lapsit and Story Time schedules.
Thank you to everyone who came to the library book sale on October 1. The library will begin accepting donations for the 2017 book sale after January 1, 2017.
Did you know that the NH Downloadable Audio and E-Book program also includes access to the current issues of many popular magazines? To see the list, visit: http://nh.overdrive.com.
Take a look at Littleton Public Library’s online public access catalog.
- Click here for more information.
- Search our complete book catalog – online!
- Read the first chapter!
- Reserve books.
- Create a Watch List.
Downloadable Audiobooks and eBooks Click here for more information.
The Library book/media return box:
- You may now return movies in the “Media” slot of the new return box at the back entrance of the library
- A $1.50 fine will be applied if movies are returned in the “Book” slot.
- Items will be checked in on the day you return them if you put them in the return box at least 30 minutes before the library closes.
Ancestry.com and Heritage Quest are available at Littleton Public Library! The library has a subscription to the library edition of Ancestry.com. This version has more search options than the home version. A new dedicated computer has been set up in the Kinne Genealogy Room.
Borrow a telescope through the NH ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY Library Telescope Program. See ADULT page for more information.